Chris Yandall - Samoan Warrior Skate Legend Complete - Fiber-Lam Maple
Honoring the memory of our dear friend and team rider Chris Yandall (1954-2014) - Sk8Kings has reissued this limited edition collector deck/complete
Order your Chris Yandall Complete ready to roll right out of the box. Fully loaded with select quality components - this complete build is ideal for skogging and cruising boardwalks, bike paths, parking garages and all sorts of terrain. Designed by 70’s World Champion and modern day Father of Skog (switch pushing) and distance skateboarding - Chris Yandall. The deck is perfectly sized at 35" x 9 ¾” and made from Canadian hard rock maple with Fibre Lam composites. The deck features wheel wells all around and a super comfortable wide flat platform to traverse the miles on. The flat design promotes stability when alternating pushing foot and occassionally pumping switch stance. This also allows the long distance rider to build more symmetry in both left and right side leg and back muscles for an all around balanced workout. With the flat design - the Yandall is a great choice for long distance pushing - with plenty of forgiving real estate for your foot to land back on. At the very least it can be one of the most fun longboards you will ever ride. Not only will this board take you everywhere - but you can take it everywhere too - sized at 35" -- it will fit in most standard size skate bags.
Deck Specs and Features:
- Overall dimensions: 35" x 9.75" with 23.25" WB.
- Flat non-cambered composite construction in stiff flex - great for skogging, pushing, dancing, cruising
- Hand-crafted entirely in Southern California using the latest Fibre Lam construction
- Screened with Samoan Warrior Tattoo graphic in Yandall Yellow OR Sunset Orange colorway.
COMPLETE BUILD INCLUDES:
- Features the Chris Yandall - Samoan Warrior Skate Legend Deck
- Bennett Vector 5.0 Trucks overhauled with custom bushing combos (Khiro & Tracker blend) based on rider weight
- Wheels: 71mm Alligator Wheels
- Bearings: Nitro Abec 5 Bearings with steel bearing spacers installed
- Khiro hardware and parts - custom wedge/dewedge truck set-up
- Sk8Kings Medium Hardcore Grip Tape (black) for
max foot grip
ALL 100% USA MADE
BUILT FOR YOU: Please
specify rider weight when placing your order so we can dial the setup
accordingly. Setup notes from Chris Yandall: I like a lot of turn up front and stability in the back which is what my board off the sales shelf does. Any board that can at least do that rocks in my skogging world. I need room to place both feet on the board. Any more than that is extraneous!
OPTIONAL UPGRADES - Available for this Complete (choose when ordering):
- High Performance Trucks: Choose from the list at checkout to upgrade for the ultimate set-up to suit your budget
- Wheels: Upgrade to Turbo Aluminum Core Wheels at a sweet price! Or choose from the list at checkout to upgrade wheels & make special durometer requests in the "NOTES" section if needed
- Aircraft Steel Kingpins: Replace standard kingpins in stock trucks (Bennett, Tracker or Randal) with extra strong Aircraft standard kingpin bolts
- Riptide Pivot Cups: Upgrade from stock truck pivot cup to premium cups by Riptide
- Oust Bearing Upgrade: Upgrade to Moc 5, Moc 7 or Moc 9 bearings
- Oust Bearing Maintenance Bundle: Includes one bottle of Oust Metol Speed Lube and one Oust Speed Kleen Bearing Wash Kit at a special bundle price savings. Remove dirt and buildup from bearings with the Kleen Kit and relube with Metol Speed lube
- Custom Grip Top - Choose from several grip tape variations
- Logo Tee/Hoodie/Hat: Save $5 on a logo T-shirt, Hoodie or Hat when ordered with a deck or complete. Choose the item to add and indicate logo choice and size in the notes section when ordering
About Chris Yandall: Born in November 1954, Chris Yandall first made his mark as a pro skater in the 1970's claiming a World Champion title in slalom, innovating signature moves like the Samoan Squat and pioneering gear innovations like the invention of the Rad Pad - the first angled wedge riser! Never losing his stoke for skateboarding - Chris joined our Sk8Kings Family in 2008 - and the release of his signature Skog model soon followed. A true yet humble skate legend who was always up for having fun on four wheels - Chris left us too soon in April 2014. Always in our hearts - Chris Yandall - Sk8Kings Salutes You!
Take a look at these videos for more on Skogging (skateboarding and jogging) the style innovated by Chris Yandall.