Designed by Richy "The Brown Bomber" Carrasco, multi-National Champion and 100 Cone World Record holder. The latest design features our newst M-Core construction and the classic Bombs Away graphic - paying homage to his early days with PPS. The Bomber is mid-sized for quick turning at speed and is ideal for tight, hybrid and some giant slalom with adjustable wheelbase options. Pressed from our Axe Series racing molds to achieve the perfect concave and foot wedge tail needed for effective foot placement. This deck offers control for cutting and turning at speed for max acceleration power and stability all the way to the finish line. The Bomber is a great choice for slalom racing, freeriding, long distance pumping - and can also be set up as a street cruiser by moving the truck location in rear and adding a tail skid plate.
Deck Specs and features:
- Overall dimensions: 32.5" x 9" - Dual WB: 21" & 22" cruiser WB upon request (functional kick tail option - not pre-drilled)
- M-Core Maple Construction: Hard rock maple laminates with inner M-Core lam - for light weight, performance drive and durability
- Wheel wells for tight turning clearance on multi-wheelbase options for max versatility
- Non-cambered race ready molded concave for perfect foot placement
- Revolutionary Torsion Tail concept - rear truck mounted in the kicktail angle - a natural tail kick foot wedge (we introduced this concept in 2003 - changing slalom deck design from then on)
- Pre-drilled multiple truck mounts - nose and tail - to shorten or lengthen your wheelbase
- Functional Kick Tail rear mount truck with skid plate to fit option available
- Graphic - Bombs Away Bandito - the classic PPS Brown Bomber graphic reinvented for 2022 - paying homage to Richy's first pro model with PPS in 2001
- Manufactured in small batches in So Cal USA
- Axe Series Decks have been winning World Championships since 2004
- Decks sold separately or as customized completes
- The Works - Want to bolt your trucks on and go? Comes with wedging/riser combos & mounting hardware (for both trucks) installed and gripped with our black med hardcore grip tape. Be sure to note what trucks / wheels you intend to mount so we can dial the wedging to fit
- Grip Tape Only - Comes gripped with black medium hardcore grip tape (no wedging/mount hardware)
- Custom Stripe Grip Tape Only - Choose from diagonal stripe patterns: Glow-in-the-Dark with Black, Red and Black, Yellow and Black or Camo and Black
- Center Line Grip Tape Only - Choose from center line stripe colorways: Glow-in-the-Dark, Red, or Camo - center line color strip runs from nose to tail with black grip on each side
- Stripe or Center Line Grip AND The Works - You want it all - you can have it. Comes with your choice of special grip tape (stripe or center line) AND wedging/risers with mount hardware
- Tail Skid Plate - For functional kick tail setup only
- Logo Tee/Hoodie/Hat - Save $5 on a logo T-shirt, Hoodie or Hat when ordered with a deck or complete. Choose the item to add and indicate logo choice and size in the notes section when ordering - subject to availability.
- Complete Build - We build it custom for you - comes dialed and ready to ride out of the box. See complete option below.
About Richy Carrasco: Former 1970's World Champion, 360 King and all-around '70's pro skater (Hobie, Pepsi, Powerflex, Flying Carrasco Bros) - Richy has been a top pro racer since the rebirth of slalom in 1998. Nicknamed the Brown Bomber - Richy is a multi-time US National and West Coast Champion, has a world speed record for 100 cone clean and countless victories over his 20-plus years in racing. Always a tenacious competitor, Richy is consistently on the pro podium and has been continually ranked in the Pro Top 15 in the ISSA World Rankings to this day.
Richy is the founder of Sk8Kings Skateboards, the innovator/designer of the Axe series decks, 2X trucks and Turbo wheels and is the team captain/coach "The General" for our Sk8Kings Axe Army Racing team. Richy - we couldn't do it without you - the Axe Army Salutes You!
Check out the vidoe of Richy setting his 100 Cone World Record riding his Brown Bomber.