Designed by Joe "The Beast" McLaren - multi-time and reigning Pro Slalom World Champion. On this board design - Joe has made history ruling the pro division each season and set the 100-cone world record in 2016 @ 19.38 seconds! This deck is your #1 choice for slalom racing, freeriding, long distance pumping - and can also be set up as a street cruiser by moving the rear truck to the functional kicktail position and adding a tail skid plate. The Joe McLaren model is a wider tail mid-sized deck for driving at speed and is ideal for all disciplines of slalom - tight to giant!
Order your Joe McLaren Domenica ready to race out of the box. Fully loaded with select quality components - the Joe Mac complete comes expertly built and tweeked for performance to suit the rider and intended discipline. An excellent choice for racing nearly any loose TS/hybrid/GS slalom courses - this set-up offers a wider-tail mid-size deck with wheelbase options for max versatility. A perfect one-board quiver solution able to handle quick cutting at speed as well as stability and control for bigger stuff. Not just for slalom racing - this complete can be configured to function great for non-racing too - max fun for carving/cruising, ditches or just longboarding around town. Let us know what you want to do with it and we'll work it out.
COMPLETE STANDARD SPECS AND COMPONENTS:
- Deck: Features the latest Joe McLaren Axe M-Core Series Deck
- Trucks: Bennett Vector 4.3 front / Randal RII 125mm 35d rear overhauled with premium grade custom bushing combos (by Riptide) based on rider weight/purpose
- Wheels: Sk8Kings Turbo Composite Core Wheels (70 mm/duro mix - or comparable - subject to availability)
- Bearings: Nitro Abec 5 Bearings with steel bearing spacers installed
- Hardware/Parts: Khiro hardware and parts - custom wedge/dewedge truck set-up
- Grip: Sk8Kings Medium Hardcore Grip Tape (black) for max foot grip
Deck Specs and Stock Build Features:
- Overall dimensions: 32" x 8 5/8" - Dual WB:21 1/4" & 22 1/4"; plus functional kicktail rear bonus mount
- M-Core Maple Construction: Hard rock maple laminates with inner M-Core lam - for light weight, performance drive and durability
- Non-cambered race ready molded concave for perfect foot placement
- Revolutionary Torsion Tail concept - rear truck mounted in the kicktail angle - a natural tail kick foot wedge (we introduced this concept in 2003 - changing slalom deck design from then on)
- Wheel wells for tight turning clearance on multi-wheelbase options for max versatility
- Pre-drilled multiple truck mounts - nose and tail - to shorten or lengthen your wheelbase
- Functional Kick Tail rear mount truck with skid plate to fit option available
- Domenica Art Graphic - featuring signature art by Joe McLaren himself
- Manufactured in small batches in So Cal USA
- Axe Series Decks have been winning World Championships since 2004
- Decks sold separately or as customized completes
CUSTOM BUILT FOR YOU: Specify rider weight when ordering AND what discipline you intend to ride the most (ie - racing hybrid/GS or a non-racing application) so we can use the correct wheelbase and dial all components accordingly. To make your setup even more versatile -- choose the "Alternative bushing combo" upgrade and you will receive an additional bushing setup (for a softer or stiffer ride to suit another style, course size, etc.)
OPTIONAL UPGRADES - Available for this Complete (choose when ordering):
- High Performance Trucks: Choose from the list at checkout to upgrade for the ultimate set-up to suit your budget.
- Wheels: Upgrade to Turbo Aluminum Core Wheels at a sweet price! Or choose from the list at checkout to upgrade wheels & make special durometer requests in the "NOTES" section if needed.
- Riptide Pivot Cups: Upgrade from stock truck pivot cup to premium cups by Riptide
- Aircraft Steel Kingpins: Replace standard kingpins in stock trucks (Bennett, Tracker or Randal) with extra strong Aircraft standard kingpin bolts.
- Back-up Bushings: Bushings are essential for top performance. Order backup sets for your trucks and be ready when you need to be. Choose "premium" for this upgrade to receive a duplicate of the premium bushings included in this build.
- Alternative Bushing Combo: To make your setup even more versatile -- choose this upgrade to receive an additional bushing combo for your trucks to suit the opposite discipline. Just pop the other combo in your trucks, adjust your wheelbase and you're ready to go.
- Bearing Upgrade: Choose from available options
- Oust Bearing Maintenance Bundle: Includes one bottle of Oust Metol Speed Lube and one Oust Speed Kleen Bearing Wash Kit at a special bundle price savings. Remove dirt and buildup from bearings with the Kleen Kit and relube with Metol Speed lube.
- Custom Grip Top - Choose from several grip tape variations.
- Logo Tee/Hoodie/Hat: Save $5 on a logo T-shirt, Hoodie or Hat when ordered with a deck or complete. Choose the item to add and indicate logo choice and size in the notes section when ordering
About Joe McLaren: Joe McLaren from Colorado is an eight-time World Champion on the men's pro world racing circuit.
Joe has maintained an impressive momentum in race wins each season - surpassing every milestone previously set in the history of slalom racing.
Joe consistently leads the ISSA World Rankings each racing season. ISSA World Rankings ISSA official stats.
Joe Mac - the Axe Army Salutes You!
About the McLaren Domenica graphic: I first started making artwork at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. With the extra time on my
hands during quarantine - and at the same time, not being able to skate because of my back injury - I was struggling to find something to express
my creativity and that's ultimately what drove me to make art. I am very honored to have another pro model board with Sk8kings, especially one
displaying my own artwork. I haven’t shared my artwork much with the world - so I guess you can call this my "art debut".
The name of this piece is “DOMENICA”. The original was done on canvas with acrylic paint. - Joe McLaren
Check out the video of Joe setting the new 100 cone world record in 2016 and his former record from 2011 - both records set while riding his McLaren Pro Model.