Designed by Joe "The Beast" McLaren - 7-time and reigning Pro Slalom World Champion. The Woody Series Joe McLaren Axe features the same shape and dimensions of the Ultimate carbon fiber version but in extra affordable all maple construction.
Order your WOODY JOE MCLAREN AXE ready to race out of the box. Fully loaded with select quality components -- the Joe Mac complete comes expertly built and tweeked for performance to suit the rider and intended discipline. An excellent choice for racing nearly any loose TS/hybrid/GS slalom courses -- this set-up offers a wider-tail mid-size deck with wheelbase options for max versatility. A perfect one-board quiver solution able to handle quick cutting at speed as well as stability and control for bigger stuff. Not just for slalom racing -- this complete can be configured to function great for non-racng too -- max fun for carving/cruising, ditches or just longboarding around town. Let us know what you want to do with it and we'll work it out.
COMPLETE STANDARD SPECS AND COMPONENTS:
- Deck: Features the latest Joe McLaren Axe Woody Series Deck
- Trucks: Bennett Vector 4.3 front / Randal RII 125mm 35d rear overhauled with custom bushing combos (Khiro & Tracker blend) based on rider weight/purpose
- Wheels: Sk8Kings Turbo Composite Core Wheels (70 mm/duro mix - or comparable - subject to availability)
- Bearings: Nitro Abec 5 Bearings with steel bearing spacers installed
- Hardware/Parts: Khiro hardware and parts - custom wedge/dewedge truck set-up
- Grip: Sk8Kings Medium Hardcore Grip Tape (black) for max foot grip
Deck Specs and Features:
- Overall dimensions: 32" x 8 5/8" - Dual WB:21 1/4" & 22 1/4"; plus functional kicktail rear bonus mount
- Micro-Lam Construction: Hard rock maple micro-lam cores - for light weight, performance drive and durability
- Non-cambered race ready molded concave for perfect foot placement
- Revolutionary Torsion Tail concept - rear truck mounted in the kicktail angle - a natural tail kick foot wedge (we introduced this concept in 2003 - changing slalom deck design from then on)
- Fully routered wheel wells for extra wheelbase options and amazing versatility
- Pre-drilled multiple truck mounts - nose and tail - to shorten or lengthen your wheelbase
- Functional Kick Tail rear mount truck with skid plate to fit option available
- Tartan Beast Glow in the Dark graphic
- Also available in the Ultimate Series Carbon Fiber construction - see related items below
- Manufactured in small batches in So Cal USA
- Axe Series Decks have been winning World Championships since 2004
- Decks sold separately or as customized completes
CUSTOM BUILT FOR YOU: Specify rider weight when ordering AND what discipline you intend to ride the most (ie - racing hybrid/GS or a non-racing application) so we can use the correct wheelbase and dial all components accordingly. To make your setup even more versatile -- choose the "Alternative bushing combo" upgrade and you will receive an additional bushing setup (for a softer or stiffer ride to suit another style, course size, etc.)
OPTIONAL UPGRADES - Available for this Complete (choose when ordering):
- High Performance Trucks: Choose from the list at checkout to upgrade for the ultimate set-up to suit your budget.
- Wheels: Upgrade to Turbo Aluminum Core Wheels at a sweet price! Or choose from the list at checkout to upgrade wheels & make special durometer requests in the "NOTES" section if needed.
- Riptide Pivot Cups: Upgrade from stock truck pivot cup to premium cups by Riptide
- Aircraft Steel Kingpins: Replace standard kingpins in stock trucks (Bennett, Tracker or Randal) with extra strong Aircraft standard kingpin bolts.
- Back-up Bushings: Bushings are essential for top performance. Order backup sets for your trucks and be ready when you need to be. Choose "premium" for this upgrade to receive a duplicate of the premium bushings included in this build.
- Alternative Bushing Combo: To make your setup even more versatile -- choose this upgrade to receive an additional bushing combo for your trucks to suit the opposite discipline. Just pop the other combo in your trucks, adjust your wheelbase and you're ready to go.
- Bearing Upgrade: Choose from available options
- Oust Bearing Maintenance Bundle: Includes one bottle of Oust Metol Speed Lube and one Oust Speed Kleen Bearing Wash Kit at a special bundle price savings. Remove dirt and buildup from bearings with the Kleen Kit and relube with Metol Speed lube.
- Custom Grip Top - Choose from several grip tape variations.
- Logo Tee/Hoodie/Hat: Save $5 on a logo T-shirt, Hoodie or Hat when ordered with a deck or complete. Choose the item to add and indicate logo choice and size in the notes section when ordering
About Joe McLaren: Joe McLaren from Colorado has made history - claiming his EIGHTH consecutive Overall World Championship
title in 2017 in the Pro division in Ontario Canada. Joe has maintained an impressive momentum in race wins each season --
surpassing every milestone previously set in the history of slalom racing. Joe consistently leads the ISSA World Rankings
each season. ISSA World Rankings ISSA official stats. Joe Mac -- the Axe Army Salutes You!
About the McLaren Beast graphic: Featuring the popular "beast" character which was inspired by Joe McLaren's likeness and
designed by Tim Kienitz for the Sk8Kings US Nationals race graphic - this new graphic includes the McLaren Family Crest
and a backdrop of the McLaren tartan in honor of Joe's Scottish heritage. Creag an Tuirc translates to "Boar's Rock" in
Scottish Gaelic and was the traditional rallying point of Clan McLaren - one of the most ancient clans of Scotland.
Check out the video of Joe setting the new 100 cone world record in 2016 and his former record from 2011 - both records set while riding his McLaren Pro Model.